Matthew Mitchell 10, who was bitten by the world's deadliest spider, the funnel-web spider, in Australia has made a miraculous recoveryafter he was administered 12 vials of anti-venom. That would be the largest dose ever given to a patient in the country's medical history.
The boy, Matthew Mitchell was beaten on his hand while he and his dad were cleaning a shed, then he started sweating and frothing at the mouth.
He was then rushed to the hospital and was discharged a day later, wowing wildlife experts.
“I’ve never heard of it, it’s incredible,” said Tim Faulkner, a wildlife expert. “And to walk out of hospital a day later with no effects is a testament to the antivenom.”
Describing the bite, Mitchell told the Australian Daily Telegraph: “It [the spider] sort of clawed onto me and all the legs and everything crawled around my finger and I couldn’t get it off.”
Darren Mitchell, the father of the boy, said: ‘He went from pain in his finger until getting the tingling up his arm ... but he stayed conscious the whole time.”
The funnel-web is considered the most deadliest spider in the world as it's fast-acting venom can kill within 15 minutes.