Silento is free to leave the UAE after Al Ain civil court on Monday morning lifted a travel ban on the US rapper.
The Court imposed the travel ban on February 20 after the Alabama-born rapper, a Soul Train Music Award winner best known for his single Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae), was a no show at concerts in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain last month.
The order stated the 19-year-old was barred from leaving the country until he paid Dh300,000 to claimant Makki Taj El Sir Abdel Halim, owner of Al Ain-based Mackie Entertainment.
The ban was lifted after Silento and his legal representatives went before a judge on Sunday March 5 to ask that the claim be dismissed.
The court subsequently ordered Silento to pay Dh14,720 and Dh11,029, based on receipts Abdel Halim presented at the time the claim was filed.
"The court judge made the order after he reviewed the documents presented at the time of the claim, which included two receipts from payment transfers I made to his management," said Abdel Halim.
Abdel Halim told The National he intended to make another claim to recoup his remaining expenditures and will present more payment receipts.
Jenna Kadhum - who is representing Silento in the Middle East on behalf of his US management team, Capitol Records’s Carlos Welch and Chester Wilkins - confirmed the news.
"What I heard is that the ban was lifted and the case dismissed after the money was paid to court," she said. "Silento is absolutely elated, it was a very stressful time for him, his family and his management."
Although he hasn’t spoken publicly about the case, Kadhum said Silento has special plans to celebrate the lifting of the ban.
"He will be presenting a surprise to his fans this evening and tomorrow."